Senior Data Engineer
Why Hunt Club?
At Hunt Club, we believe that relationships are everything. We help companies scale by leveraging trusted relationships through our proprietary technology that transforms thousands of subject matter experts into the world’s most powerful network. Hunt Club is the first to successfully modernize recruitment and search, transforming an industry stuck in the past by developing new, highly qualified talent pools.
We help companies find the best high-level talent by utilizing our proprietary technology that transforms thousands of subject matter experts into the world’s most powerful network along with arming our partners with a talent strategy team that is committed to delivering the best recruiting experience for everyone.
What We’re Looking For
Hunt Club is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Data Engineer to help improve our current data models and ETL pipelines. The ideal candidate is someone with a mix of technical skills, proven experience releasing data-heavy production features at scale, and a curious, team-oriented, analytical mindset.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other data engineers, software engineers, product stakeholders, and data scientists on end-to-end feature development from proofs of concept through production releases.
- Advise on tool choice as our data scale continues to grow rapidly, we harden ML and analytics flows, and we expose more real-time insight capabilities to our production application;
- Harden and extend existing ETL pipelines that serve our production application and reporting tools;
- Design and implement additional ETL flows for new third-party and in-house data integrations, and actively participate in requirements gathering in the process;
- Data modeling and implementation to expose underlying structured data for data science and analytics counterparts to expose Search and matching services to the application;
Who You Are
- Over 5 years of demonstrated experience working alongside Engineering, Product, and Data Science stakeholders to design and implement end-to-end data architectures
- Over 3 years of experience with real/ near real-time data pipelines with batch and stream processing at scale
- Expert-level proficiency with SQL, Airflow, and best practices for cloud-native relational DB implementations
- High proficiency with Python and over 3 years of experience working with data science and ML workflows
- High level of curiosity, prioritization, and collaboration skills - able to make measurable improvements to pipelines amid fast-paced product and technical requirement discovery
- Experience with Elastic Search and data pipeline integrations for Search features
- Deep understanding of graph data structures and experience working with graph DBs in production environments
- Experience with a variety of data ingestion and transformation flows, with exposure to tools like Apache Beam, DBT, Kafka, and others
- Experience maturing MLOps and data science workflows
- Experience with GCP and AWS platforms, and Looker or similar BI/reporting tools
Our Always Care Values
We take culture seriously and are looking for candidates who are a culture add to our team. For this role, we’re particularly interested in candidates who embody the following:
- We take pride in our work
- We elevate others
- We figure it out together
- We ask "why"?
- We do what's right
Hunt Club is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Frequently cited statistics show that people who identify with historically marginalized groups are likely to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to help us break that statistic.
We understand and appreciate that experience and skills can be built in a number of ways. If you are interested in any of our open roles, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
Apply for this role >