Director of Engineering
Why Hunt Club?
At Hunt Club, we believe that relationships are everything. We help companies scale by leveraging trusted relationships through our proprietary technology that transforms thousands of subject matter experts into the world’s most powerful network. Hunt Club is the first to successfully modernize recruitment and search, transforming an industry stuck in the past by developing new, highly qualified talent pools.
We help companies find the best high-level talent by utilizing our proprietary technology that transforms thousands of subject matter experts into the world’s most powerful network along with arming our partners with a talent strategy team that is committed to delivering the best recruiting experience for everyone.
What We're Looking For
Hunt Club is looking for a strategic and self-motivated Director of Engineering to help lead the engineering department and drive customer goals and objectives. The ideal candidate is someone with a mix of strong technical and communication skills and a customer-first mindset. This is a highly entrepreneurial role and will require a leader who is business-minded with the ability to clearly and effectively collaborate and communicate across the organization.
Our culture is one that embraces the “beautiful mess” and empowers our team to focus on what truly matters. This is the team for you if:
- You believe that small teams of highly capable people build the best products.
- You think success is not a roadmap or straight line rather it's a landscape to navigate.
- You understand that the process cannot compensate for talent gaps or lack of leadership.
- You follow the idea that great technology is defined just as much by what it does not do as by what it does.
What You'll Do
- Build and enforce a culture of “T” shaped engineers - product managers who code.
- Manage an effective balance of just enough code while avoiding academic pitfalls of perfection.
- Instill learning and experimentation as the appropriate way to build products and avoid edge case syndrome.
- Be a thought partner and leader with Product, Design, and business teams to drive forward the company strategy.
- Publish the ongoing technical strategy to support our product efforts;
- Simplify infrastructure footprint and optimize developer tooling.
- Establish centralized architecture and patterns to support quality and scale.
- Manage our outcome-driven delivery model. Here each engineer is responsible for delivering their own outcomes.
- Create a best-in-market engineering team by keeping up to date with new technologies and comparing our team to that of our competitors.
- Establish a peer-to-peer culture of excellence and find engineers who want to be a part of something special that needs little to no hand-holding.
Who You Are
- You know what it means to be customer-centric and embrace customers over stakeholders.
- You have high agency and can make things happen.
- You are vision sensitive and can share examples of outcomes where you followed a vision.
- You respect the value creation process and are able to embrace the mess (“don't tell the artist how to hold the brush”).
- You like deleting code as much as writing code.
- You embrace agile behaviors over the agile process.
- You have a desire to experiment on how we can get better and are willing to tinker with how we operate as much as you would with the product.
- You are hungry, curious, and willing to try anything.
- You have strong problem-framing and solving skills, meaning you’re able to find the “right question” to answer.
- You have a high bar and demand excellent results
- You have 10 years of experience across 3 companies as a software engineer
- You have failed before in past startup roles or have similar learning experiences you can share
Our Always Care Values
- We take pride in our work
- We elevate others
- We figure it out together
- We ask "why"?
- We do what's right